It's been AGES since I posted a bikkie recipe here!
I guess there was always the chance it was something that might make it into the Buena Vista Farm repertoire, and so I've been a little cagey about recipes this last year.
You HAVE to have this one though.
It's similar to a biscuit we made commercially called the Treehouse Treat, which was much lower sugar than all our other biscuits and sweetened with cranberries.
I like this one better.
This is the one that I make for kids lunchboxes (and my Dad's bikkie jar!)
Chocolate Chip Bikkie
125g butter, melted
½ cup caster sugar (or use white if you only have that. Raw sugar doesn't work as well.)
1 free range egg
2 cups wholemeal flour
4 tsp baking powder
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup choc chips
- Melt the butter. Stir into the sugar in a big bowl and combine well.
- Beat in the egg.
- In a seperate bowl whisk the flour and the baking powder. (Or sift, I just never sift, I whisk instead. Wholemeal flour is a pain in the bum to try and sift!)
- Add the flour and the oats to the butter and sugar and mix well, then add the choc chips and mix.
- Roll small balls and press down with a fork.
- Bake approx 15 mins on 180 deg till golden. Cool on wire racks.
It's a delicious little mouthful of bikkie!
Cup of tea?