I had great intentions for Elsie Marley's challenge.
Simple idea: sew kids clothes for one hour a day for a week.
I started so well, finishing off two long-languishing projects in the first two nights.
Then completely fell off the wagon.
I thought I'd make up time on the weekend (mainly because I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to get making!) but decided to put my feet up and hang out with my man instead.
The kids have enough clothes already.
Anyway, here's the wee skirt I managed to finish for Tilly. It's been sitting, all cut out and ready to sew, for about four months. Amazing it still fits her, the green bean she is.
On the second night I finally finished something that had been sitting waiting for a hem and some buttons since before Christmas. In fact, I blogged about it here; it was going to be a Christmas present! Oops. Tilly actually already has two of these dresses made by my lovely friend Jodi, but she wears them so much I figured I could justify giving her one more.
It's a great, straightforward little pinafore, pattern details to follow shortly.
It was a bit late in the evening by the time I got around to the buttons, and have never done a button hole. Couldn't face it, although I'm sure it's not that hard.
So I tried a trick my clever friend Jo taught me:
An elastic loop.
She's a sewing genius.
Now that the challenge is over and I failed quite spectacularly to follow through, I feel entirely free to thread the machine, tread the pedal and make a few wee things this week.
All recharged after hanging out with my fella (and the kids) for the weekend.