Muffinos. Doesn’t everyone call them that? These were an afternoon tea treat this week, eaten warm out of the oven. I really don’t like a cakey muffin. Muffins are not cake. If it was a cake, it would be a cupcake and not a muffin, amirite? Technically cake is usually made with butter and muffins made with oil. They should be lighter, entirely more scoffable, and best eaten within a day or two. Anyway, this is my muffino recipe, for your enjoyment.
1 cup grapeseed oil (or canola or vegie or light olive oil)
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. In a large bowl mix the sugar and the flour together.
3. In a jug, if you have it, ideally a pyrex 500ml one, measure 1 cup of oil, your two eggs which you can beat into the oil, then 2/3 cup milk which will take your liquid up to a satisfying 500ml total. You are welcome. Mix together then pour into your dry mix.
4. Add the vanilla and the frozen raspberries and beat all together until smooth.
5. Spoon into 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 mins or until golden and when the top of the muffino bounces back when pressed.
* You can replace the raspberries with blueberries or chocolate chips! Or 2 tbsp poppyseeds and the zest of an orange, replacing the milk with orange juice. DELICIOUS.
Happy afternoon tea, friends x