Everybody goiter-free? Awesome.
In a week of very few wins, I thought I'd put my mind in Pollyanna mode and not lose the gorgeous and wonderful bits:
1. My brother announced his engagement. He lives in the US (i.e. not here) and sounds so so happy. I'm over the moon for him and Betsy.
2. Tilly (2), a very firm minded individual, took off her nappy on Thursday and said, "no more nappies, Mum" and has been nappy-free since. And (touch wood) no accidents.
3. It may be unfashionable but I adore my mother in law. And she came to visit on Monday night. And bought a lovely bottle of red wine. And she wasn't even coming to see Adam (he was away for work this week.)
4. I have a lovely new computer that works.
5. When Henry sang a full round of the alphabet song in the car, Tilly applauded raucously and shouted "GO, GO, HENRY!"
6. I saw an old friend today, Alex, who lives in Singapore now, and my beautiful goddaughter Caitlyn. There's nothing as good as a really long-time friend and a cup of tea!
7. I invented new food today. I offered to take a couple of things to my lovely friend Coralie's house today for Jack's 3rd birthday party. They were both delicious (if I may say so) and it made me so happy.
No photos, silly me, I'll have to make them again and photograph.
FABULOUSLY EASY DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE SLICE THAT LOOKS MARVELLOUS
1 (big) tablespoon nutella
1 packet arrowroot biscuits
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1 tin condensed milk
1 cup shredded coconut
Crush the biscuits to fine consistency in a food processor. If you don't have one you could bash them in a bag with a rolling pin till finely crushed. Might take longer but would be quite cathartic.
Melt copha in microwave. Stir in Nutella till melted.
In a big bowl mix the crushed biscuits, the cocoa, vanilla, condensed milk, coconut and the copha/nutella mix. Mix well then press into a slice tin. Cover with shredded coconut.
Set in fridge for half an hour or so then turn out and cut. YUMMO.
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup olive oil (don't use extra virgin or anything strong)
2 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup finely sliced ham
big handful of chopped parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped red capsicum
salt and pepper
Mix milk, oil and eggs well. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, cheese, ham, parsley, capsicum, salt and pepper. Add milk/oil mix. Spoon into greased muffin cases. (Or use canola spray. Please keep spray away from gas stove.)
I made 24 mini muffins or you could make 12 full-sized muffins.
Bake for about 15 minutes in moderate oven (180 degrees). Turn out while warm onto rack to cool. (I was busy catching up with Alex and left mine in till cold and they were a bit hard to get out cleanly.)